Thursday, September 25, 2014

 Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs Cards

Cats are my favorite companion animals. As anyone who knows me is aware, I love dogs, too. But cats are my first love. Graphic 45 has published a pad of cat and dog themed papers. Of course I had to make a card using these papers.
Now, I love elegant and complicated cards as well as anyone else. But sometimes you need a card NOW, and don't have time for a more elaborate card if you want to have something on a timely basis
Here is an example of a card that is striking and attractive. Just a few touches take it out of the realm of simply simple to something with a bit of  'pizzazz'
The matting for the image has rounded corners, a decorative bottom border (a Martha Stewart punch) a bit of gold trim. The greeting is stamped on pale cream card stock with Stampin' Up  Rose Red ink and then matted on the same paper as the main image. The black card base makes the whole thing pop.  I thought I might add a bow to this, but it just didn't look right. This is intended as a class project. 

1 comment: