Tuesday, February 1, 2011




When I worked at the rubber stamp store in Piedmont SC, I made hundreds of card samples for my card workshops. I found this one today and wanted to share it. I love the stamp by Hero Arts and U think this is a good example of how delicate and subtle you can get with Copic markers.
The card is 4x6 inches
Paper/Cardstock :Bazzill Cameo, Pinkini; Sonberg Pink Linen; Neenah Solar White
Stamps: Hero Arts CG14o Poppy Background; CL129 Anytime Messages
Inks Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Andirondack Watermelon
Copic Markers R0000, R81, R85, G 0000, G21, G24, Y21, Y26
Contrary to what seems normal, start with the darkest color and then over lay with the lighter colors, drawing each layer slightly closer to the outer edge of the petals. A touch of light yellow in the center and a touch of green on the stems and you have a dramatic negative image .

2 comments:

  1. It is a lovely card, Linda! I've looked about purchasing the copics, even a few, but never seem to have enough extra money! Your coloring is just lovely! Diann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card Linda, thanks for sharing. I love the shading.

    ReplyDelete